Lilspaz Ratties Hospice and Rescue - CLOSED INDEFINITELY

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a feeling every one of Shelagh's lovely rats at the Bridge right now is trying to send loving vibes to her... you've done SO much for all of them, hon, you can't feel bad that his lung went as it did. You gave him a great and fun life, filled with non-fluffy hammocks, the best foods, and so much love I'm sure they all felt like bursting from happiness at one time or another.

When you get home, have some rat therapy - get the cuddliest, snuggliest rats, and stick them down your shirt. Always makes me feel better, to feel the warm fuzzy (or nekkid) squirmies, and occasionally the 'my gosh human you're so dirty I must clean you NOW!' tongue baths...

lilspaz68 said:
M0onkist said:
Oh, poor Waldo!! I hope they find something that works...

He's being put to sleep. Dr Munn had Chris call me back asking for my email address to send me x-rays of his lungs. Said his condition was very "grave". The stress of the visit is making every breath very difficult...he didn't respond well even in oxygen (just like Norbert) and Dr Munn was willing to try other medications but it was his recommendation to let him go. Possibly we could get him feeling a little better but most likely he would continue to go from attack to attack. Sigh. I am so tired right now. :sad3:

Oh Shelagh. :sad3:
Rest well and breathe easy Waldo.
Norby is waiting for you. :heart:

Shelagh, experiencing this grief doesn't make you less strong. :cuddle: M0onkist said everything just perfectly, and its so very very true ...

M0onkist said:
I have a feeling every one of Shelagh's lovely rats at the Bridge right now is trying to send loving vibes to her... you've done SO much for all of them, hon, you can't feel bad that his lung went as it did. You gave him a great and fun life, filled with non-fluffy hammocks, the best foods, and so much love I'm sure they all felt like bursting from happiness at one time or another.

I'm so sorry you have lost both boys so close together. You know in your heart that you did everything you could for those two boys, and now that they have gone on to the Bridge you don't have to worry about them panicking and suffering and struggling to breathe. They are resting easy now, and they had a wonderful life under your wing, receiving better care than most people would have provided with their specialized medical needs.
So be sad, but don't feel bad. Does that make sense?

Xrays as promised of Waldo's lungs...the right one is the one that had no function.

and this one is the most telling

The necro showed his left lung was still okay and pink. The right lung was full of pulmonary abscesses, he was going into renal failure and his heart was just starting to be affected.

This sadly means that Melvin and Yara could possibly go the same way, so I will be watching them very very carefully.

I am putting Melvin onto a new medicating regime (the one we were going to use for Waldo during our Hour of Hope.

15 mins nebulizing in hypertonic saline
doxy, zithro and theophylline (as long as it can be used with dex safely since I might need that during a resp attack and want to keep that option wide open.

Melvin is cuddled with me, licking me as I kissed and patted him, even bruxxed for a bit. I think he's sad too. I am going to share my dinner with him and then do a whole lot of nothing tonight. The weekend is almost here to get back to productivity.

I am glad you explained that about the xrays. I wasnt sure what it was bones are so much easier :) I am sorry you lost waldo. Hugs to you and the rest of the siblings.

::shudders:: That's just beyond... beyond everything really. Beyond awful, beyond imagining... sadly not beyond reality. I didn't get x-rays done of Ducky but now I can readily imagine what hers would start to look like over time: just like Waldo's... I think I'm going to keep snuggling with her for a long, long time.

So the beige-y stuff on the side of the x-ray, is that the infection or is that just a photo issue?

I am so sorry for your loss. Rest well Waldo and play hard on the bridge. As for you momma, only time will heal but just take a look at everyone on this forum that loves/cares for you. You are not alone.

Holiday blessing box is on its way to you within the next few days. You are a mountain mover and appreciated by so many, furry and not so furry :hugs:

Back