Critter Nation fleece rules

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fexpress

1. Go to fabric store. Buy super-cute fleece. Pay way too much because it's not on sale.
2. Cut pan liners from fleece and instal in brand-new cage. Go to bed happy.
3. Get up the next morning and discover rats have chewed several holes in about 1/3 of the pan liner. Feel disappointed. Toss liner in wash while you consider options.
4. Cut chewed pan liner down to fit shelf. Feel satisfied with solution. Instal onto shelf and go to bed feeling smug.
5. Discover the next morning that rats have chewed an access hole and are sleeping under the fleece on the shelf. Also note that they have been chewing the shelf as well. Feel frustrated. Throw shelf liner in wash while you consider options.
6. Cut one hammock piece out of freshly laundered previously chewed shelf liner. Stay up until midnight fighting with sewing machine while trying to sew a very "quick" hammock. Instal in cage. Go to bed tired but hopeful.
7. Get up next morning to discover one rat trying to sleep in the hammock which now only has two attachment points out of four. Openly weep.
8. Repeat.

BWAHAHA!!! Oh, I know your pain! But since I don't know how to sew, my vicious cycle goes like this ...

1) Spy super cute hammock set made by a RatShacker
2) Send monies and anxiously wait for hammock arrival
3) Tear open package once it arrives. Do a cage clean and install hammocks just so
4) Get hit with a wave of exhaustion and go to bed. Plan to take thank you pics in the morning
5) Discover the next day that ALL the hammocks have been nibbled on, to varying degrees
6) Reposition the hammocks so that the new entrance holes aren't visible in the pic
7) Post pic and hope that hammock maker doesn't notice
8) Over the next several weeks, keep salvaging the hammies til they become fleece scraps
9) Spy another cute hammock set

:laugh4: :laugh4: Yep, sounds about right for my destruco 7 too - just resently they took to chewing off the fleece loops that hang up their hammocks.. The holes in the fleece - gave up on that, let them go under it... :laugh4: :laugh4: My big boys though, they leave just about everything alone - why can't they all be like that?

dang it!! just realized yesterday while cage cleaning the destructo 7 are chewing the pans too....... what aren't these darn boys chewing!!!!

Back