Please welcome Junior Agent Milo

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SqueakingJellybean

Mission Control -- All is ratness
Good evening, fellow Ops controllers.

Every so often, we hear of an agent unwisely assigned by a bureaucrat with the best of intentions but no idea what they're really doing. Whenever possible, it is up to us to extract those agents and integrate them into our active units.

Word reached us of a young Agent deployed into an untenable situation. He was sent in alone without adequate supplies, a compromised safe house, and no access to a medic. Fortunately, the operator of the compromised safe house requested our assistance with his extraction.

Humans and gentlerats, please welcome Junior Agent Milo to SHIELD: Rat Division. He has been inspected and cleared by our medical team, and, as seen below, has been vetted by two of our more experienced agents.

IMG_0120_zpsbpi86bbx.jpg

IMG_0121_zpsvbk3owwn.jpg

(This is the wee guy I mentioned in the other thread about intros. Why people foist unasked-for pets on others is beyond me. As we were already at the vet, Dr. B checked him out and cleared him. Rook and Chess already seem to like him. We'll keep up the intro playtime for a while and make sure they'll be okay together before he moves into the boys' half of the DCN.)

(He looks to be about four or five months old and has been away from other rats for at least three weeks. While we initially thought he was albino, he appears to have some faint Siamese/Himi markings, almost a fawn point. We'll see how much it darkens as he ages.)

Thanks!

Milo is settling in. He has realized that Harlan Teklad blocks are food and will magically appear when his dish is empty (even if we can see the blocks in his stash). Picked up on those as food by the end of the first day. Banana took him until this morning to figure out. He still isn't sure he wants to try yogies, but we're hoping he'll come around. Plain Cheerios are his favourite treat. Carrot is an alien concept to him. I get the feeling that he hasn't had a lot of variety in his life.

Today, he discovered that his hammock has an inside and a top-- it's more than just a roof for his favourite nap corner. Tonight will probably be spent figuring out his new wheel.

He has gone from hiding in my housecoat to zooming around the bed, playing in the shnuffle box and the Octoflyer, and pillaging my pocket for Cheerios. They've already been a huge help in getting him to come when called.

The idea of having a climbable house seems to be a novel concept for Milo. As part of a feeder litter, he probably spent most of his early days in a tank; the last place he was kept was a repurposed lizard terrarium that would make a standard single-mouse cage look spacious. His house now is about 1/3ish of a single CN in size; by the time he needs a bigger cage, he'll either be in with Rook and Chess, or moving into a three-storey number while we work toward that eventuality (in the case of a triple neutering, for instance).

When he finally gets to move into the DCN with the older boys, all that space is going to blow his tiny fuzzy mind.

Back