Rat Travel

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlize

I'm out of town for a few days over the holidays but I'm debating whether I take my girls with me (4 hour drive).

Based on what I've read so far, it seems as though rats do not get too stressed out by travel. I guess I'm wondering if it's better for them to come with me, or to stay home and have someone check in on them every day (no play time though).

Has anyone run into any problems road-tripping with their rats?

I have travelled with my rats .... they travelled in a large bin cage with a house to hide in and some also had a hammock. They had food for the trip that kept them hydrated like watermelon or peas, in addition to blocks.
When we arrived I assembled a larger cage and set it up for them.
They did well and did not seem to be stressed.

I've picked up rats from 5 hours away and they have done great. I know a lady who travels across country with her rats and they do just fine.

Awesome! Thanks for the input :). I think I'll take them with me. They'll have to deal with a smaller cage for a few days, but probably better than being left alone. Now they can spend Christmas with me :)

Back