I lost three rats last night

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UhHuhHer

My first loss from my new batch of rats (after a break from rats) was a big one. Cyril, Maisy, and Mari (the last two being especially important to me) all died very suddenly. I'm still not sure what happened. Two have been struggling for months, but one was so sudden and confusing. And the confusing one was given a rat funeral by his brothers, so I don't have a lot of clues from the body either.

Everyone else seems healthy and happy. The girls' cage is a little less playful without Mari, but no one else seems sick.

This is not how I imagined things would go this time, with such young rats.

Thank you. We're recovering okay. I'm still not over Mari and her sisters have been a lot more subdued lately. They've needed a lot more love. Mari's best friend Tamsin has been suddenly very affectionate since the loss.

My two boys who lost their brothers are back to normal, though. They make it easier with their antics.

My first loss from my new batch of rats (after a break from rats) was a big one. Cyril, Maisy, and Mari (the last two being especially important to me) all died very suddenly. I'm still not sure what happened. Two have been struggling for months, but one was so sudden and confusing. And the confusing one was given a rat funeral by his brothers, so I don't have a lot of clues from the body either.

Everyone else seems healthy and happy. The girls' cage is a little less playful without Mari, but no one else seems sick.

This is not how I imagined things would go this time, with such young rats.
I'm so sorry. [emoji17]

I'm so very sorry... it might be worth it to bring the rest of your crew to the vet just to get an all clear. Or perhaps, getting necropsies on the ones that have passed.

Back