Babies In Need of Homes in Michigan

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmandaTrexica

Our rescue rat Bernie surprised us with 14 little ones last Monday. We want to get a head start on finding the best homes for these wee ones. At this point we do not know the number of boys and girls, but should know soon. There are going to be black hooded, beige hooded, and PEWs available, and for the right homes we could drive a little ways to help with travel for those seriously interested. We're in the Frankenmuth area. Thank you all for reading! Picture to follow. ::) https://www.flickr.com/photos/142356402@N07/shares/673afV

So the 4 have settled in nicely. Taegyn the chocolate hood is a big suck to Godess.
Frenchie, Leeper and Piper the white babies are all coming along so we are getting to know who is who. Piper is the busiest. Frechie loves to snuggle with Fat Amy my Harley.

So glad they're all settled in so nicely! I'm not surprised; they were extremely social rats and loved their aunty rat Lucy. After growing up having fourteen siblings together, I'm sure they're very pleased to have company :) The last two babies went to their homes today, so our house is feeling extremely quiet and empty without all of them.

Omg I will post video here later but Taegyn and Amy-Harley are the best of sassy friends. They sit together and push away other babies from their space and if I'm there they smack each other until one is on my hand then the other can get to me.
Just a riot

[ame]https://vimeo.com/172935209[/ame]

Pardon the quality. It took me 3 tries to get a video that actually showed them all. Lol
Pardon also the cage. We are transitioning groups atm so some are in less than idea cage sizes. We just got one big wire cage and I'm going to pick up 2 more tonight.

Love seeing the babies! They look so much like the two girls we kept, it's uncanny. Ours are so incredibly smart, way too smart for their own good. Just like their mother was. <3 So glad they're forming friendships and are healthy and happy.

They are definitely becoming individuals. I can tell them apart just by movement now. Piper is my outgoing girl. Voss is usually close behind but never in a hurry to get up and Chapman is they shy one when anyone else is around but is there when it's just us. She comes right out and sneaks into the crook of my arm and has a little groom.
Piper's best friend is Teagyn and that also helps me ID her because she's usually sleeping with T

Back