2 free male rats - Ch

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lilah

Go Vegan * Tread Lightly
Hi, this person has two male rats who are 1.5 years old. Very affectionate, one white one black. They say they have no more time to care for them. That's basically what the ad says. If anyone needs translation for french to write to them or speak with them, please ask me and I can help. I can't take on any more ratties right now but I could help to carry stuff and have some extra materials for their use if necessary.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-autres-anima...er/1054947498?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

They are FREE !! so in danger of becoming snake food
This is a rescue and these boys are in danger

They are posted in Chateauguay, Quebec

Last edited:
I politely suggested for them to charge a $15-20 re-homing fee for the rats. I hope they'll listen.

What the ad poster doesn't realize is that the two rats are better off with them even if they hardly have time to spend playing with the rats than them being picked up by some snake owner who might pretend to want them as pets. :-S

*also sharing this on Facebook

Last edited:
I sent an email about the snake feed situation, adoption fee of $40 for both rats together to avoid this, offering help and containing the link, and to translate for them if necessary. I asked them to please contact me as I'd like to help. If there is space at the Ottawa Rat Rescue (or a rescue in Montreal, there isn't one, is there?) I'm willing to help them to transport the ratties. I have no car but could find a rideshare and help carry things and pay for it and donate linens and hammocks and stuff.

What the ad poster doesn't realize is that the two rats are better off with them even if they hardly have time to spend playing with the rats than them being picked up by some snake owner who might pretend to want them as pets. :-S

*also sharing this on Facebook

You've very right. I wrote her again to tell them this. That even her just keeping them fed and their cage cleaned a couple times a week even if she can't play with them much or at all, is better for now than someone throwing them to a snake. I also offered to help with medications if they are having any health issues, I'm willing to pay for their prescriptions for meds. Even if I can't afford surgeries for them, at least if they need some antibiotics for a resp infection that is doable.

Back