250+ Things Only Rat Owners Will Understand

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aida

Or relate to^ :)

1. Buying notebooks, pencils, erasers, books only because there are mice or rats on the cover

2. Eating a salad or fruit cup not at home, and having that thought of "Maybe I should put some in my purse for the rats..."

3. Friends who do everything to avoid the rat topic, once you get started you'll never stop!

4. Going to develop vacation photos, returning with 3 pictures from Sea World and 30 pictures of the rats' outtime

5. You never see anything but absolute cute when people try to find "ugly", black rat pictures to stick on plague powerpoints or poison bottles

6. Screaming "Nooo, you idiot! That's DANGEROUS!" whenever you see that one eccentric character in a movie/show/book who carries a rat around in his/her pocket/bag/drawer. (Just saw this in a movie 30 minutes ago... :tantrum: )

Oooookay that's all I can think of... for now!!!
I know you guys have loads more to add to the list. :cheeky:

7. There is nothing like the sound of raisins rolling around in a wheel.

8. Leaving the cage door open for a minute while you go answer the phone will only happen once.

9. Weekly dates with a sewing machine.

10. It is a joyous moment when your new addition finally pee-streaks you.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

2. Eating a salad or fruit cup not at home, and having that thought of "Maybe I should put some in my purse for the rats..."

I do that all the time when I eat out, especially at Japanese restaurants where they serve edamame - I'll roll several pods in a paper napkin and sneak it into my purse/pocket. Drives the hubby nuts!

12. When the last thing you do before leaving the house/apartment is to check to make sure the rat cage is securely shut, and the first thing you do when you get back is to run over and say hi/give treats.

13. When you get excited when you notice different colours of coroplast for the corral in the rat room.

14. When you see a box and you know it's perfect size for a rat castle.

15. When you see a fleece throw and the pattern and colour matches exactly what you have in the cage so it's a must have.

(#8 by Sheldon...LOLOLOL for sure!)

16. When your co-workers frequently approach you with empty tissue boxes or paper towel rolls and ask "Do you think your rats could use this?"

17. When you have two separate debit accounts with your bank - one named "Me", the other named "Vet".

21.) always saving the last bit of tomato soup, yogurt, pasta, etc. and letting your ratties lick the containers clean before tossing/recycling

22.) "pretending" that the cute mice on shirts, mugs, cards, etc. are actually rats so you can buy them for yourself

23.) being worried that if someone digs though your trash they'll be horrified by all the empty syringes they find

25. why you get a take home box for your rib bones from a restaurant instant of throwing them out

26. why you neuter/spay your rat that has such a short life expectancy

27. why you spend so much money on a sick rat (because of reason in #26)

Last edited:
27. Hearing that stupid, insensitive, completely D U M B question when something goes wrong: "Doesn't a new rat cost, like, $5 at Petsmart?"

28. When you know if you were ever on a show like Fear Factor, you would be hoping for a challenge like being in a box and them putting rats on you, 'cuz you know you'd be giggling instead of screaming, and they'd have to pull you out of the box because you wouldn't want to leave.

Yes yes yes cover me in rats!!

#29 Figuring out too late that the soft scratching sounds you had to track down were due to your lovely children being considerate enough to mow the carpet for you.

#30 Having to wear pants no matter what temperature it is because you know you have a climber.

#31 Learning to tape the coroplast corral on the OUTSIDE.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

#32 Laughing when people at the petstore remark "Oh that's a huge rat!" knowing yours at home are much MUCH beefier.

#33 Buying cute things for "them to play with" when the cute things are really for you

#34 Wondering what would happen if you threw a whole pizza/egg/bowl of yogurt into the rat cage and let them duke it out

#35 Trying so hard to keep the fleece blankets nice and smooth when all the rats want to do is go under them

Back