Sebastien --the naughty

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jorats

Loving rats since 2002.
Well, I've gone and done it. I've set up the appointment for Sebastien's neuter. He's going under the knife, loosing his manhood on Friday. He's now 9 months old and reaping havoc in the cage of the big crew. There are some old rats in that cage and he's being quite naughty to some of them. He's even chased the strapping NB brothers from the top shelf. I can see them all depressed now, trying to make a bed on the bottom two shelves but you can tell, they want to move back upstairs. I've seen Sebbie run after Simon, Andy and Dallas (27m), and he hasn't been very nice to Loki (40m) either.
The last straw really was when he bit hard on my pinky finger, leaving me in quite a bit of pain. Somehow Radar found himself close to the big crew and Sebastien just lost it, went after Radar and when I moved it to stop Sebastien, he took a nice big CHOMP on my finger. That sealed the deal, losing them nutters big time.
Ha! Who's got the last laugh now?

Still, keep him in your thoughts on Friday.

:(

Tomorrow is Goolie Gonzo day. :) Good luck and healing vibes to Seb's namesake. Lets hope after this neuter he ends up just as sweet and long-lived, but much much healthier. :heart:

Ouch! How's your finger Jo?
Best of luck tomorrow & quick healing hopes to Sebastion (little brat)
You never know, he & Radar could become the best of friends. I'm finding Erin & Savanna peacefully together in Savanna's cage quite often now - even sharing the hammock!
Not that that helps your finger any :(

My finger and half my hand swelled up so bad, it was red and itchy and so painful. Today, it's not so bad, it's still sore and I have to watch what I do. The first day it happened, I had to type with just one hand. I've come to realize just how important that pinky finger really is. lol

jorats said:
Well, I've gone and done it. I've set up the appointment for Sebastien's neuter. He's going under the knife, loosing his manhood on Friday. He's now 9 months old and reaping havoc in the cage of the big crew. There are some old rats in that cage and he's being quite naughty to some of them. He's even chased the strapping NB brothers from the top shelf. I can see them all depressed now, trying to make a bed on the bottom two shelves but you can tell, they want to move back upstairs. I've seen Sebbie run after Simon, Andy and Dallas (27m), and he hasn't been very nice to Loki (40m) either.
The last straw really was when he bit hard on my pinky finger, leaving me in quite a bit of pain. Somehow Radar found himself close to the big crew and Sebastien just lost it, went after Radar and when I moved it to stop Sebastien, he took a nice big CHOMP on my finger. That sealed the deal, losing them nutters big time.
Ha! Who's got the last laugh now?

Still, keep him in your thoughts on Friday.

:(

Poor little Sebastian! I'm sure he had no clue that being a bully would end this way! :D

Nevertheless, you are doing the right thing Jo. Basil will be facing the music in September. Not because he bites, but because I want to do what I can to prevent any cancer from forming. Do neuters cost as much in Canada as they do here? Lord! I paid $250 to get Ben neutered and then found out that it costs the same to neuter a dog!

Can someone make sense out of THAT??? Oh well... c'est la vie. Ben and Basil will get what they need. I actually like living off of macaroni and cheese and salad... :lol: :love6: ;)

Cuddles, kisses and scritches to your alpha rat man... I imagine that he will calm significantly within a few weeks of his neuter. :)

I just picked up Sebastien. He's doing great. Not too happy with me at the moment but looking really good, alert and active. He's enjoying his baby cereal. :D

jorats said:
I just picked up Sebastien.
With which hand?

I'm so happy to hear that he's a-ok after his surgery. You have the greatest vet Jo!
Kisses to you little angel :kisses: (no - don't you dare bite me you little devil)
I hope you both have rapid healing.

He was done at around 9:30am and ready to go home at 12pm. I love it, he's away the least amount of time.

He's not a biter in normal every day life, just that one time when he was defending his territory and he didn't realize it was me he was eating.
He's a good boy, but soooo squirmy, belly kisses are pretty much impossible. :(

Back