Three new rescues

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh wow, the girls look great. It seems each time I go visit them they must be putting on their "sick" look. I should come visit when it's out time.

OMG. They both look SO happy, that is one smug look on River.
I am so happy to see them doing well. Thank you.

River's belly is still tender and she will bite if you touch her there. I try not to lift her and kinda of carry her in her igloo from one spot to another.

Fidget said:
Jennifervb - You get no argument from me about your response to me. I'm 100% with you because no matter how helpless humans may feel, the pets are helpless and depend on the humans to do what is right for them.

When I say my heart goes out to her it is not for the wretchedness that she inflicted on these kids, as I said, she'll fairly pay her dues for that. My care for her was only as I stated in the first line - My heart goes out to the woman who had those girls - for her overwhelming troubles with her human children.

Sorry Mamarat if I opened a can of worms here....

I don't think you opened a can of anything sweetie. You have a right to voice your views. I guess my real problem is that I do not believe that this woman has any overwhealming troubles with her human children.

I had a massive asthma attack when I was 12 and I wound up in intensive care for a week. My doctor told my mom to get rid of all my pets, which she did.

This woman has brought home rats before, knowing that her daughters have health issues. Somehow, something in that "story" just doesn't ring true with me. What parent would continuously bring home rats when a child's health issues are known. Whatever the case is with this lady; I think she is using her daughters' health as a facade.

Stories like hers lose credibility when they are used time and time again for the same "crimes". Either she is completely out of touch with her "faculties" or she is a masterful "storyteller". Whatever the case, it just doesn't sit well with me.

Sorry sweetie... I'll drop the subject. You and your feelings matter to me, her's do not. She is not worth the effort to waste breath on unless it is in reporting her to those agencies which watchdog abuse of animals.

Hugs Fidget... you did not open the can of worms sweetie. It was done for you. Others are culpable... not you. :rose:

I understand jennifervb, and I believe she is more full of :horsepoop: than sincerity :hugs: Now lets make like lucky ratties and escape from that place and

Celebrate these lovely little girls! They look like pampered little beauty queens, I hope they are feeling ok and can get healthier & healthier each day. They sure seem comfy & happy, I just love the blissful look on River's face in her 2nd picture.

Does the special food still seem to be helping a lot, mamarat?

I know Jacqui is filling out a bit, and she does love the new food, but then both girls seem like they're starving all the time and will eat everything that is given to them.

mamarat said:
I know Jacqui is filling out a bit, and she does love the new food, but then both girls seem like they're starving all the time and will eat everything that is given to them.

that will probably continue for some time. :( Kamea gulps like a hungry dog when I give her some baby cereal...makes me sad. :sad-p:

River's belly is huge, and the vet thinks she has fluid or a tumor. I have to monitor her weight. River squeaks or bites whenever I touch her tummy or I pick her up, pressing there.

mamarat said:
River's belly is huge, and the vet thinks she has fluid or a tumor. I have to monitor her weight. River squeaks or bites whenever I touch her tummy or I pick her up, pressing there.
Aww, poor girl. :sad-p:

Poor baby. Kisses and hugs to her. Glad to hear Jacqui is filling out. They are looking much better.

Jack is OLD. Rats lose weight when they get older. Even Nutrical can't keep it on sometimes. I FED MY RATS A VERY EXPENSIVE LABRATORY RAT BLOCK FOOD. I did not starve my rats and my basement is heated and we're always down there. I did not leave my rat cage down in the Arctic for crying out loud. Are you trying to tell me noone keeps their rats in their basement and we all have room for our huge cages in our bedrooms or living rooms? I used to, but when we finally were able to buy a place it was not a big place. I let my kids play in the basement - maybe I should stop. What I fed my rats a heck of a lot of other rat owners are feeding too, so we better all just stop.

I can most definitely see I am not welcome here, and especially by the person I thought was a friend. Crying...

I thought Jack was 18 months old? That's not old... not old enough for her to be in advanced kidney disease.

I'm glad that you have come here to share your side of the story. Of course we were speculating the worst, how can we not?
Seriously, look at it from our point of view.

Michelle said:
Jack is OLD. Rats lose weight when they get older. Even Nutrical can't keep it on sometimes. I FED MY RATS A VERY EXPENSIVE LABRATORY RAT BLOCK FOOD. I did not starve my rats and my basement is heated and we're always down there. I did not leave my rat cage down in the Arctic for crying out loud. Are you trying to tell me noone keeps their rats in their basement and we all have room for our huge cages in our bedrooms or living rooms? I used to, but when we finally were able to buy a place it was not a big place. I let my kids play in the basement - maybe I should stop. What I fed my rats a heck of a lot of other rat owners are feeding too, so we better all just stop.

I can most definitely see I am not welcome here, and especially by the person I thought was a friend. Crying...
All of my pets are in my dinning room. I live in a 1 bedroom and I converted into my pet room.

Back