my 2 little con artists

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennifervb

just in case you were under the misapprehension that your rats were being good during their excursion on the floor....

enter Basil... an otherwise curious, warmhearted and friendly little rat man who always makes a point to come running when I enter the room...

It would appear that, while Basil was keeping me pre-occupied with his seemingly advanced taste for the pages and binding of my classic novels, Ben was engaged in activities of his own...

enter Ben... and his affection for parking his belly flat on the cool stone flooring gracing the area around my fireplace...

while Basil is busy keeping mama honcho pre-occupied with the ongoing destruction of her classic book collection... Ben is reaping the benefits of peeling the paint right up off of the fireplace floor... :shock:

There is no doubt in my mind that they have been planning their escapades during their late night, moms asleep, sessions...

Mom was, however, smart enough to piece together the paint strips she was finding under the futon and has come to the conclusion that the paint has not been finding its way into rat bellies.

For those of you under the misconception that your seemingly innocent, sweet-faced little fuzz forms are not entertaining prohibited activities on the sly...

beware! 8)

My rats had their own room in the place I lived before, and before I got guinea pigs too, they would be running all over the room while out of the cage.
This resulted in a sofa, where they could get from the floor to the top of the sofa, through tunnels made in the sofa (my Sascha was the artist of this work). Eaten wooden panels, that my mom had to fix before we moved out and they even started eating the wooden floor.

Annbritt said:
My rats had their own room in the place I lived before, and before I got guinea pigs too, they would be running all over the room while out of the cage.
This resulted in a sofa, where they could get from the floor to the top of the sofa, through tunnels made in the sofa (my Sascha was the artist of this work). Eaten wooden panels, that my mom had to fix before we moved out and they even started eating the wooden floor.
:shock:

Lol! Thankyou so much jennifervb (and Basil & Ben) for the muchly-appreciated laughs today!
Kisses to the little angels :lol:

Annbritt said:

LOL!!! When I was a girl, I had a rat named Tara (a Rat spelled backwards). At one point my mother also discovered that Tara had chewed herself a little apartment into the underside of our sofa!!! HAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Ok... so my mom didn't think it was funny but it was a fabulous reason to replace the couch she had been intending to replace for quite some time. :)

Let's hope that Sascha wasn't eating any floor finish with that meal! :shock:

Melissa said:
Annbritt said:
:shock:

Don't you love that emoticon? It practically says it all!!! :D

ratamataz said:
Cute story! :mrgreen:

Thanks... I was in a particularly animated mood when I wrote it.

Rantics (rat antics) are only as serious as people make them and, for me, there is every reason to turn my boys' mischief into something fun. ;)

Fidget said:
Lol! Thankyou so much jennifervb (and Basil & Ben) for the muchly-appreciated laughs today!
Kisses to the little angels :lol:

Kisses delivered Fidget (ptbht... ever had rat hair in your mouth? :D!!!)

Basil has discovered the top of his rat skyscraper! I came in from the bedroom last night to discover that he had sent the sheet, towels and bedding I wrap the upper part of the cage in, plummeting to the floor. :shock:

I wrap the back side of the cage to prevent the a/c from shooting its cold air into their cage. I don't want my little guys to catch any drafts.

Fortunately, Basil managed not to land on the floor with the bedding!

It's nice to see Ben and Basil with each other. They were two lonely little rat men when I brought Basil home and now they bounce and bound after each other as if they've been brothers all their life. :)

:love6: {{{{{my little guys}}}}} :love6:

jennifervb said:
Annbritt said:

LOL!!! When I was a girl, I had a rat named Tara (a Rat spelled backwards). At one point my mother also discovered that Tara had chewed herself a little apartment into the underside of our sofa!!! HAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Ok... so my mom didn't think it was funny but it was a fabulous reason to replace the couch she had been intending to replace for quite some time. :)

Luckily, the floor was an old wooden one, she only ate away the knots :lol:

jennifervb said:
Thankyou for passing them on! A rat hair in my mouth? Lol! I don't leave home without one, it's 24 hr a day dental floss!

It's lovely that the boys have taken to each other so well!

jorats said:
That is such a cute story, and yet so very true!!
My couch has the beginnings of a rat city. But duct tape took care of that. lol

Give them time Jo... give them time. Your duct tape's time, on this planet, is limited...

never underestimate the power of a rat... 8)

Annbritt said:
jennifervb said:
Annbritt said:

Luckily, the floor was an old wooden one, she only ate away the knots :lol:

WHEW!!! What a relief! material items can always be replaced... little life forms cannot. I'm sure chewing on the knots was terrific for Sascha's incisors! My rats have a ball chewing on their (untreated) driftwood hideouts. :)

Fidget said:
jennifervb said:
Thankyou for passing them on! A rat hair in my mouth? Lol! I don't leave home without one, it's 24 hr a day dental floss!

It's lovely that the boys have taken to each other so well!

LOL... I also make a point of wearing rat hair on my clothes. Hey, if I can't take them with me then I can, at least, enjoy their presence on my clothes. :D

It is nice to see the boys getting on so well. When I consider what they have both been through, it is heartwarming to know that they have found comfort and joy with each other in my care.

Basil is very affectionate. He likes to explore down the front of my shirt, and if the shirt is tucked in, he will park himself in there while I "walk around" the condo.

It cracks me up to see this rat sized bulge in my shirt. LOL!!!!

Back