Dream rat

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronwyn

My sister and I were chatting ( :eek: ) the other day about cage pets, a topic that comes up when our parents are away. I'm pretty good about not obtaining more than I can handle as with school I need to be mobile! So my two girls are enough. But it had me thinking, particularly when one of them dies. I wouldn't want the other to live alone, I'd buy a baby companion. And so the cycle continues!

So I was wondering what sort of rats I'd want, as really my days of being able to own pets in cages are getting shorter (I really do travel too much). So I decided on the following:

1. Jet black dumbo
2. Pearl Merle
3. Blue dumbo

I don't know how I'll ever find them but I can hope, hehe.

How about you guys? What type of rat would you next want to own?

Good thinking, Bron!! "The cylce continues"... would you want it any other way?? :wink: :lol:

I think my dream rat would be... hmm... Probably a blue dumbo berkshire male. With rex fur. *drools* Niiiiice. Or all that, but not blue, burmese. Yesssssss, burmese!!! :clapping:

Hmm.. My dream rats are:
Standard Ear Mink and Blue, any pattern
Standard Ear Beige Berkshire Rex

I adore standard ears <3

Hmm ok so I don't know the names very well, but definately a dumbo for sure. Blues are adorable, but I also like the ones that look like racoons.

Oh gosh I don't know if I've ever seen a sheep rat!

Rex coats are so soft, but then the standards are so shiny, I couldn't choose!

I think my ultimate dream rat would be black hooded rex

*cough*

LutherJune24.jpg

Luther2April22.jpg

Not quite hooded, but. :p

I'm with Ashley and Jo... lambikins! I'd take a PEW but really for it to be perfect it would have to be BEW. I'm not picky over ear types.

I would really love a BEW of any coat type.

Beyond that, I'm fond of the more unusual markings... down-under, banded, masked, dalmation etc etc.

For a second I thought, "Hey Nicole, what about Beau?" But then I realized he's not a true black. More like charcoal or something, hehe. Close!

jorats said:
Bron, why do you think she jumped at the chance of taking Beau. :winksmile: It was love at first sight. :heart:

Awww :D I still miss the little guy (well I guess he's not so little now!) but I've never had doubts he found his match, hehe.

I'm secretly (ok not really i announce it all the time to my bf) for a nekkid ratty in my group of bubs. Jordan is kinda weirded out by them, but I want one! :lovestruck:

My sister really wants a nakkie rat! Personally they freak me out a little, but once your see/hear about their personalities they just become another lovely rat :D

Back