The "I promise" thread

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa

Do you put things off? Feel lazy, somewhat of a slacker? Is there something you need to do that you just can't get to?

Here's the thread for you if you feel you need that extra push.

I cannot break a promise, however it is made. Unless, of course, there is some uncontrollable circumstance. So, this thread is for all of those who need to get things done and can only guarantee getting it done by making a promise.

I'll start.

I promise once I am finished eating my lunch I will clean up the living room and kitchen. I'm not sure how far I want to push myself so I will leave it at that for now. Baby steps, right? :lol:

I promise that tomorrow morning (as in, before noon) I will clean my bathroom.

Is this a binding, legal contract?

Ummm...I promise to finally do those dishes in my sink, vacuum (later when the rats aren't sleeping of course :roll:) and finish my handwashing of rat laundry...blech. :p

jorats said:
Shelagh, stick with baby steps...

I promise to make dinner tonight. :lol: ...I wonder if take out would qualify?

Hehehe...you're right!! Start off small with truly obtainable goals. Take out still means you have to go pick it up? Totally counts!!!

I promise to.... I don't know there is so much to do. Once my recipe program is downloaded start typing all my recipes into it. Note I said START (that is baby steps).

Also monday clean my kitchen and not lazy around until I go to work :D

Oh my... okay, I promise to finish my laundry, the dishes, and take down the tent from the backyard before tomorrow... Wish me luck! :p

lilspaz68 said:
Can I extend my promise a wee bit into tomorrow morning?

I have been sitting here since 6 am this morning... :shock:
LOL! No, you must stick to the promise. Now get to it!
crackthewhip.gif

Hehehe, theres still hours left before tomorrow ;) Guess I should get off this chair and go do some housework.. *whines*

Yeah, I'm lazy :p But I need to do it or I'll have dishes and clothes coming out my ears :lol:

Wednesday 25 hubby is comming home from 3 weeks in Saudi Arabia, in those 3 weeks I haven't vacuumed or done any dishes or washed any clothes - I promise to be a perfect housewife and make up the house (or get a very angry hubby home :lol: )

Bati said:
Wednesday 25 hubby is comming home from 3 weeks in Saudi Arabia, in those 3 weeks I haven't vacuumed or done any dishes or washed any clothes - I promise to be a perfect housewife and make up the house (or get a very angry hubby home :lol: )

Holy smokes! :lol:

Bati said:

Hahaha...now I don't feel so bad about leaving things til tomorrow!
Thanks Bati :D

I never finished taking the tent down... because... EW. About 100-150 earwigs decided to make their home in the flaps of the tent where the poles go through. I tried shaking them out, but they fell out in a clump near my feet and I ran away screaming. *shudder* They give me the creeps!! Out of everything, I have a fear of earwigs. I'm going to take a hose tomorrow and spray them all off. Nasty.

I promise to support you all in your promises. :lol:

I promise to every night do my therapy on my ankle so I can take my brace off sometime this summer....

Back