My Babies

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait

:D Thought I'd let you all see my lovies.

First is Gertie, my rottie. She is 4 years old, going to be 5 in December. She's a big love, that gal.

IMG_0621.jpg

Gertie.jpg

Then Chanel, my foster dog. She's a German shorthair / doberman cross. She's absolutely wonderful.
IMG_2665.jpg

IMG_2653.jpg

Next are my kitties. Kahlua is 3, and Dale is going on 7 or 8. Both were rescues. We've had Dale since he was 4 weeks old. He "followed" my youngest sister home. *ha* And Kahlua came from a friend's farm. Yep, my girly was an outdoor cat. However, she is the PERFECT indoor kitty now! :D

Kahlua
IMG_2321.jpg

Dale
IMG_2300.jpg

My rabbits, Emma and CiCi. Emma is 3 years old, CiCi is about 4. Both are rescues. :) CiCi is a Netherland dwarf, and Emma is an American fuzzy lop.

IMG_3178.jpg

IMG_3177.jpg

Then we have the hammies, Betty and her two daughters, Stella and KeKe.

IMG_1490.jpg

Also the mice! Ayana, Rose Rose, Candy, and Danica. Sethe is now gone to her final rest, and I am afraid Ayana is as well. *sigh*
These aren't new, I have to get new pics of the babies.

Ayana and Candy
IMG_3046.jpg

Candy
IMG_3063.jpg

Rose Rose
IMG_2993.jpg

Danica
IMG_2934.jpg

And finally, the fish! I have a 29 gallon tank with 2 honey gouramis and a blood parrot in it.

Parley the BP
IMG_1746.jpg

Ruby
IMG_0869.jpg

Dorothy
IMG_0885.jpg

And last but not least, Hutch, my horse. I need new pics of him!! He is a 3 year old American Pony / Quarter horse cross. I lubber him!!!

IMG_1237.jpg

HandsomeHutch.jpg

I think that is all of them! :D

Thanks, guys!! I have too many of the critters... Oh who am I kidding. If I had my way, I'd have oodles more. :p

Bron, Tuesday I am going back out there, and I will get LOADS of horse pics for you. I hear we have a new black and white paint mare... Supposed to be gorgeous!! And of course, I want to see how my boy and my little protege, Catayah, who I suspect is getting HUGE.

h44.jpg

Um Cait... me and the rats are moving in! I'll take the bunnies with me in the stable with the horse.

*makes feeble attempt* No... don't... What will I do with all the cute ratties around? Ah well, my loss... You can have the loft above the barn. :lol: :wink:

I don't often find Rotties attractive but you guys have a couple of handsome ones.

I'll admit I'm not a fan of the breed but I think it's because we have some poor specimens as patients. Oddly enough, the Pit Bulls and Dobies often are as good as gold, lol. I say oddly in the sense that people misunderstand those breeds too, lol. I've been charged a few times by different Rotties and I know of one who attacked his owner (the owner didn't deserve it...my dad told him to return the Rottie at 8 weeks of age it was so aggressive) so I'll admit I'm wary of them. But! I dare not write them off. :) I remember one Rottie girl who was quite friendly. Aloof, but absolutely nothing wrong with her personality. :)

I hope I didn't offend anyone!

What pretties, Jackie!! I love the breed, too, I really do. I thought I'd never ever want another, since all we've had in the house have been rotts, but... I guess its in the genes, I love them!

This was our first rottie, Jackson. Sadly, he passed on at the age of 11. He was a spectacular dog, the best dog I've ever had the pleasure to meet, and I'm not tooting my own horn here, LOL.

Jackson2.jpg

Jackson4.jpg

Bron, I often wonder, why do I live so far away from the most amazing rat owners ever?? :( And all the cute rats... Darn Iowa.

Heh, I'm not offended. Everyone has their preferences. I can't stand rat terriers myself, but that's just because my grandmother's is an evil... evil mean thing. :evil: I'm sure there are others that are perfectly lovely, though. :D

Well majority rules, you must bring yourself and your zoo to Ontario ;D

Jackson was a very beautiful dog, I'm sorry to hear he's not with you anymore. :(

I'm not a terrier girl either, hehe. Or a toy dog person. I swear I like dogs though! :lol:

Back