FN pictures

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OdysseyDesign

ok, I had to do it! No ratty forum is complete without a FN picture thread!

the FNs
e9d42683.jpg

the Boys' FN
e9d42741.jpg

e9d42737.jpg

ea8f2205.jpg

eac1ef3c.jpg

ea8f263b.jpg

the Girls' FN
ea8f263f.jpg

eab864ce.jpg

ea77219f.jpg

e9d42930.jpg

e9d42931.jpg

e8c16f31.jpg

e8c16f99.jpg

Oh! I'm jealous, yours is colour co-ordinated! Mine's so random.. from orange to blue to pink and purple with yellow and green :lol: I'll have to take some photos tomorrow when I change the fleece.

Shelley said:
Oh! I'm jealous, yours is colour co-ordinated! Mine's so random.. from orange to blue to pink and purple with yellow and green :lol: I'll have to take some photos tomorrow when I change the fleece.

oh I cant wait!

jorats said:
Wow!! love the colours and it matches too. :D
We definitely need an FN thread. :D

Here are mine...I need to take recent pics. :oops:

I LOVE your set up!! How tall is the stack of three without the shelf/stand? Ive been thinking about getting another double and adding a new section to my current ones, but I am only 5'3 and always figured it would be to tall. I never thought to take the stand out.

OdysseyDesign said:
jorats said:
Wow!! love the colours and it matches too. :D
We definitely need an FN thread. :D

Here are mine...I need to take recent pics. :oops:

I LOVE your set up!! How tall is the stack of three without the shelf/stand? Ive been thinking about getting another double and adding a new section to my current ones, but I am only 5'3 and always figured it would be to tall. I never thought to take the stand out.

I'm 5'3" as well but a small stool allows me to reach the very end of the top level. It's 6' tall. It gives them so much room. I've got 16 living in that cage right now.

I wish I could add a third level onto mine... but it'll hit the roof! The room they are in has a low ceiling :lol: And I kind of need the wheels to move it around until we finish moving all our furniture around. :)

how did you cover the cage bars of the second FN? It looks good and would certainly help my friend who has two gigantic boys in one and is adopting a baby soon. She was worried that it would be awhile before the baby could live with her older boys.

The triple FN takes me an 1.5 hours a week but with daily clean ups.
The double FN takes me 1 hour a week with daily clean ups.
And the single FN takes me about 30 minutes again with daily clean ups.
So it's really not too bad. :eatu:
Ok, so that emoticon has nothig to do with this thread or my post but I just had to use it. :tongwigl:

Wow, I can't get over this setup. Everything so nicely done and matching. And not one hole to be seen!
Ok, what is the trick guys? I put anything made of fabric in any of my cages and it has holes within the hour.
Hmmm. I thought about taking pictures of my setup, but I am feeling a bit self conscious about it.

The pics of my cages were taken when the cages were first put together... If I were to take a pic now... holes, everywhere holes in my double FN. Oh and in the single one too because Mister likes to make windows everywhere.

Lol! Little devils.

Are they litter trained or something? I'm wondering about the pan under the wheel.

They look quite cosy snoozing together. :D

Bronwyn said:
Lol! Little devils.

Are they litter trained or something? I'm wondering about the pan under the wheel.

My crew do pretty good but some rats just love to poop by the wheels so I use trays under them. They aren't "littertrained" as such, its more that I am being trained on where they would like to poop. LOL

lilspaz68 said:
Bronwyn said:
Lol! Little devils.

My crew do pretty good but some rats just love to poop by the wheels so I use trays under them. They aren't "littertrained" as such, its more that I am being trained on where they would like to poop. LOL

I thought mine were just weird! The baby girls love to poop on and by the wheel, so I put it inside the cat litter box, and now everything is contained mostly. Except for when the girls play their favorite game.. wrestle under the fleece! Then everything goes flying :roll: I took some pics this morning when I cleaned, I'll have to get them off the camera later. Waiting around for my new girl to get here, too impatient. :p

Alrighty! Some pictures of my FN. The basement isn't glamorous by any means, but it's my rec room nonetheless. Lol!

c7.jpg

c1.jpg

c3.jpg

Back