Some Scenery of Iowa (Photos)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait

Well, this is what I do with my time... Take pictures of things! :D

A dried creek
IMG_2697.jpg

Day lilies
IMG_2692.jpg

Pretty little flowers
IMG_2696.jpg

Hollyhocks
IMG_2684.jpg

Kittens in the weeds at a friend's farm
IMG_0979.jpg

After a flood
IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

A park
IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1851.jpg

IMG_1814.jpg

IMG_1813.jpg

Lake
IMG_1846.jpg

Barn
IMG_1855.jpg

Sticks!
s4-1.jpg

Cows
COW.jpg

Clouds
IMG_0672.jpg

Moon!
IMG_1661.jpg

Sunset
IMG_0398.jpg

hmm
IMG_0236.jpg

Yay! Hope I didn't bore you. :)

great pics :hello: I had to look close to see the kittens :) I like the cow pic, everytime I see a cow out a car window I have to roll down the window and go MOOOO!!! no, I'm not crazy :nyahnyah:

You have some lovely lovely pictures. I loved the hollyhock and the lake especially and the cow of course. :p

Would you mind if I ran with your idea and did one of my own? Kind of like a Pictures of Ontario? Its a really cool idea. :D

Please take more pics? I love photography and now that I have a decent camera its that much more fun. Now if I only had a friend who I could go out with like I used to. :( My rats are my subjects now mostly. :winksmile:

Ooooooo!! Moomoo cows!!!!! Great pics!

I'm in the market for a new camera as well... maybe you guys can help me out... but in another thread, I don't want to hijack this one, lol.

I love taking pics of random things too, hehe.

Thanks, everyone!! I'm glad you all enjoyed them; I'm hard pressed to find people who do, LOL.

everytime I see a cow out a car window I have to roll down the window and go MOOOO!!! no, I'm not crazy

That's not crazy at all.. I think they like it, too. :p

For you cow lovers...
c1.jpg

MeandGabby.jpg

GabbyNose.jpg

Would you mind if I ran with your idea and did one of my own? Kind of like a Pictures of Ontario?

I think that's a WONDERFUL idea!!!! :D I love to look at pictures, and it seems everyone else does too! (what would you expect, though? LMAO :lol: )

Aww, Shelagh!! I'll come take photos with you! *plans a trip* I can't believe someone told me to go take MORE pictures... :shock: My dream come true! LOL

Oh you are in for a treat tommorow evening when I get you all some pics of the trail ride tommorow. Hopefully we will see some interesting things besides cats, dogs, horses, and cows. :p

So beautiful, I love those pics, I oooed and awwed at every single one of them.
And I admit, I'm a cow freak too. Everytime we are on a trip, if I see a cow, I yell it to my hubby: LOOK A COW!!
I should have a farm.

lilspaz68 said:
Now if I only had a friend who I could go out with like I used to. :( My rats are my subjects now mostly. :winksmile:

If I get over the blacking out thing I am so there! Toronto alone is amazing to photograph.

Anyway, haha, Cait those are great photos! :D I love the backlit barn.

I'm not a huge cow fan, ;D Calves are okay because they're easy to herd but holy they can be stubborn.

LMAO Jo!!! I'm glad you liked them. I yell that, too! Well, then that got me in trouble with the bf.. "You yell like that and I think we're in danger or something!" So now I have to yell "We're not in danger, LOOK A COW!!" :lol:

Aww, Moon, I don't know what to say. I had hoped you wouldn't notice my stalker ways. I'll have to be more careful... *dons a pair of sunglasses and a wig* 8) :lol:

Hehehee, Bron!! The cows I like are the little babies, and Gabby. She's very very very tame, as you can see. We can ride her and go up to her when she has her calves and she makes life a little easier that way, LOL.

Cait said:
Does it, Bati? I thought everyone had cows... :? :lol:

I need to get more pictures... :)

I guess it all depends on where you live, Bati lives in Copenhagen so maybe never sees cows :D According to Statistics Denmark,
there were 1.5 mio. cattle in Denmark in 2005 This corresponds to that a little less than every third Dane owns a cow.

I love the weed kitten! Just want to grab her!
Lol, the stick picture is interesting... I am sure its natural but I can picture someone shoving sticks in the ground just to take a picture of them... someone very very bored. :p

Iowa looks gorgeous! Maybe people could do similar threads with pictures of their town? I might have to run around Belleville and do that :D

Hehee, that cow is a bottle calf we once had all grown up. :D She is very sweet.

Ashley, the sticks were actually little naked trees. I'm not sure why they were like that... I was riding in the back of a truck, so I didn't have time to stop and check it out. :(

Uh I have my own shared cow, I go feed it 5-6 times during summer, and then in october it's 'fixed' so we can put it in the freezer. No it's the nature, it's very National Geograpic-like; so much space, no people, no busses/cars/houses. And maybe I just imagine, but it looks like clean air and fresh.
I'll make a Denmark-for beginners soon 8)
This is my cow, I've got one quarter
Hold-3-ankomst-a.jpg

Back