Which wheel should I get?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redgal

I am trying to decide between three wheels that my local feed store can order in for me. I am going to put it in my CN which will be housing two males. :happydance:

My choices are ( all the largest size)
Silent Spinner
Wobust Wheel
Mesh Wheel

Which do you prefer and why?

Thanks!

The one that doesn't squeak. Seriously - we have two wheel runners in my group and an squeaky wheel...it's cute at first but at 4:30 a.m. when all you hear is "EeeeeeEEEEEEeeeeeEEEEEEeeeeEEEE" - it's enough to drive a person crazy.

My rats love the mesh wheel the best, the wodent wheel second and the silent spinner third. They have one of each and use them all......some rats more then others.

I bought the Wodent Wheel because i had the choice of buying it with a thicker wheel for older male rats - i know theres plenty of room in it. And so far, it doesn't make that much noise. You are advised to oil it before use

The silent spinners make kind of a "whumpa whumpa" noise when someone is really running hard, but it is nothing like the painful screech the mesh wheel makes when it needs oiling!

I'm very happy with my silent spinner, but the mesh wheel is fine too, as long as I keep safflower oil handy for when it gets squeaky.

id go with mesh wheel if they do not live in your room :wink2: my rats cages are not in my room so i have no worries of noise. silent spinners are good for the no sound and full platform but break easy(the back thing always seems to break even with my hamsters)

the Wodent Wheels my rats would not use them they did not like the closed in type.

Back