Dog Day Photos!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait

Hey all! Thursday (I think...) our campus group NWAAA (Northwest Animal Advocate Awareness) hosted Dog Day, where students and staff brought their vaccinated and leashed dogs to the Bell Tower for a huge get together and demonstration on dog training. It was a HUGE success! We had lots of doggies out, and even more people!

My assigned dog was an Am. Staff named Jack. He is the SWEETEST dog you could hope to ever meet! Over half of the dogs there at Dog Day were pit bulls or Am. Staffs, which was GREAT. It's always nice to see the bully breeds out and about, interacting with other dogs (most of whom were smaller) and many different people. Sort of like good will ambassadors for the breed! Our group is also taking the members' bully breed dogs through Good Citizen training, so in case the issue ever comes up in Maryville, we will sort of have the upperhand with all of these well behaved and loveable pitties to demonstrate that they aren't monsters and that they ARE good family pets.

Anyway! I know what you all are looking for.... PICTURES! Well it feels like a got a ton, so go wild!!

First we have Jack. Isn't he soooo handsome???

IMG_0461.jpg

Jack meeting Roxy, a pit bull.
IMG_0459.jpg

Ms. Roxy herself.

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

Roxy's friend Jasmine, another pitty.
IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

The girls together
IMG_0444.jpg

Goose! He is a border collie and GSD mix. He is soooooo friendly and he just wanted to meet everyone!
IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

Roxy meeting Goose
IMG_0453.jpg

This is the dog trainer's greyhound, I can't for the life remember her name, though. She was a sweetie!
IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

Huck is our group sponsered shelter dog. He is a hound mix of some sort, and is such a good boy.
IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

This is Morraco, another pit. He was soooo gorgeous and he was just be-bopping around and having so much fun!!

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

And Lita, another pitty
IMG_0512.jpg

Maizy
IMG_0482.jpg

Gracie

IMG_0492.jpg

Zoe, a beagle mix. Such a playful baby!
IMG_0495.jpg

Meeting Roxy and Jasmine
IMG_0519.jpg

Playing with Bailey, a chocolate lab
IMG_0505.jpg

Another chocolate lab, Kenya
IMG_0493.jpg

Atlas! My most favorite doggie!!! Another APBT.
IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

A Lhasa Apso who came by for a bit.
IMG_0527.jpg

With Jasmine
IMG_0524.jpg

Little tiny doggie! I can't remember her name. She is a Yorkie and poodle mix.
IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

A Shipperke. She was sooooo lovely!!
IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

General everyone pics

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

YAYY!!!

It so amazes me that all those dogs can come together and get along. Like the rabbits at the shelter.
And yet I-we can have troubles with intros in our homes?? A mystery to me.

That's a fine bunch of beautiful kids, and it's great to see so many in one post and know they are all loved and well-cared for.

And humans enjoying the day is a bonus!

This so fully lifts my spirits.

I am fully against BSL in all forms... either all dogs in muzzles or no dogs. That's the way I see it.

But I have to admit, it's the first time I've seen a pitty that's not completely mental in a long time. Which really has nothing to do with the breed but the area I live in. I would LOVE to have a Staffy. Bull Terrier one day, the true "nanny dogs".

Every time I see pics of greyhounds I cry.. I miss them soooo much.

Thanks, all! A fun time was had by all. We did our yearbook picture today, and Morroco was in it. Yay! Plus of course Huck was there. :)

It so amazes me that all those dogs can come together and get along. Like the rabbits at the shelter.
And yet I-we can have troubles with intros in our homes??

I think that has a lot to do with the park being neutral territory, and no one dog really had a claim to it, so. In a home, it's much harder, because one dog has already been there, and that is HIS home, and now there is this stranger. At a gathering like that, they are usually excited and they don't really care about arguing over something that is no one's.

All of these bully pups were SO well behaved, and so friendly to everyone. Far more than most of the smaller dogs, and more contained than say Goose or the Labs we had out. They did a real good job representing themselves well. :)

Beautiful pics! Those dogs look very stable too.

I had to look up BSL = breed specific legislation.

I don't agree with that either but as for the muzzling, it's much needed in the dogs that have attacked in the past.
There's this guy that owns a pet supply store in my town, he's got a dog that has bitten 3 times. He's required by law to have him muzzled at all times. But he doesn't. The most shocking part, his wife is the one that does the obedience training in our town. :shock:

The most shocking part, his wife is the one that does the obedience training in our town.

That's odd!! :? You'd think that if anything, their dogs would be well behaved. But maybe the dog was abused when it was younger? Who knows.

I disagree with BSL with every fiber of my being. It's just ridiculous. Did you know that most reported dog bites are from people who were bitten by cockerspaniels and golden retrievers? But no one seems to want to ban them, just pits, rottweilers, GSDs, Chows, any number of large and powerful dogs. It's just not logical to me.

BSL = Bull **** Legislation.
Like any other weapon (which is what they have been turned into by some people), the one using it should be held responsible and not the weapon itself. Nobody sends a gun to jail.
I can't blame the government entirely though, they are responding the only way that they can. People in the community have to take more responsibility in curbing illegal behaviour by cooperating with the police more. If people blew the whistle more on those that have aggressive and dangerous dogs, then they could better deal with each case accordingly and not have to punish everyone across the board.
I love seeing dogs all happy and socializing. I think it is so important that they get to meet other dogs and play with them. Just as long as everyone is well behaved and healthy.
Those pitbulls always have the biggest smiles! I think that they look a bit funny when their ears have been cropped, though. I like it when they have ears like Roxy. Jasmine doesn't look like she has any ears at all. :)

A better way to do it would to license everyone who has a dog. Much like a drivers license, there is a test. Of course, then we'd have to argue the standards for the test, but, it would be a nice step in the right direction. Then not every Jim, Joe, and Paul could own a dog. Some people just *shouldn't* be allowed to own animals, especially dogs.

If people blew the whistle more on those that have aggressive and dangerous dogs, then they could better deal with each case accordingly and not have to punish everyone across the board.

Exactly!! And this isn't just including pits or other such breeds. I know of several people who keep very aggressive and down-right mean small dogs, too, and no one says 'boo' to them.

They do seem to have bigger smiles, don't they? :D It's because they know they are safe and well loved. I don't like the ears cropped, either... Jasmine looks so silly with her little ears. :lol:

Back